Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Unstop-A-Bulls...

It's over. Actually it's been over for a bit now but I've been avoiding it. The Bulls are done for the season. I blame myself really. I wasn't able to watch most of the games in this last series and they undoubtably felt my absence and it affected them more than I thought it would. I give you my sincerest apologies. I'll try harder next year. To deal with my sadness and disappointment I've been reminiscing. Thinking back to the days of the Unforget-A-Bulls, the Unstop-A-Bulls, the Unbeat-A-Bulls. The days of Jordan, Pippen, Stockton, Kerr, Grant, Cartwright, Harper, Kukoc, Longley, Armstrong, Rodman, man, I loved them. I have always been and will always be a Bulls fan but I seriously loved. those. guys. My room was covered in Bulls paraphernalia, I watched every game, saw them in action at the United Center more than once, acquired boxes of b-ball cards, had several conversations that revolved around them and many a mood that depended on them. I was heavily invested. If the Bulls lost, you didn't want to be around me for a while. Especially if you were a Jazz, Knicks, Lakers or even worse... a Pacers fan. I mean, Reggie Miller?! Ugh, seriously just, ugh.

Anyway, I'm choosing to remember the seasons when things ended the way God intended, with a Bulls championship. But we live in a fallen world and so things don't always work out the way they should and sometimes Jordan gives not so great speeches at Hall of Fame inductions but again, let's not think of those things. Instead let's watch some highlights of the Dream Team courtesy of YouTube and bask in the Awesomeness that was the 1990's Chicago Bulls. AND the video is accompanied by a little diddy called I Come Off by Young MC... Young MC!! Man, I miss those days!! I'll stop living in the past... eventually. Thank you to YouTube and to those individuals who take the time to upload almost anything I have any desire of ever seeing ever, because my VHS player is broken... yes I still own VHS tapes... shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment