Saturday, June 11, 2011

Allow Myself to introduce... Myself

There are moments, here and there, sprinkled throughout my days when positive thoughts about Me enter my thought process. But, while I’m having these positive thoughts there is a saboteur waiting to pop up and spoil everything. It's Myself. Every time I turn around Myself is badmouthing Me for no good reason. If we're being honest, Myself is kind of a bully. Every time Me accomplishes something Myself is there to tell her it was a fluke, whenever Me receives a compliment Myself follows it up with a critique, when Me looks in the mirror Myself is right there to tear her down. Nothing Me does is ever good enough for Myself. It seems like Myself has had it out for Me for a very long time. And I feel like Myself didn't like Me before Me and Myself ever really got a chance to get to know each other. Which is too bad because Me is actually a really nice person and I think that Me and Myself would really hit it off if I could just get Myself to give Me a chance. I think Me could win Myself over but Myself has just been too set in her ways to give this relationship a chance.

I don't think Myself really wants to hate Me, she just doesn't know any other way to feel about her. Myself is just treating Me the way she was taught to treat her and believing what she was taught to believe about her. Myself has a few unresolved issues from the past (doesn't everybody) and she's working on them. And It. Is. Hard. Jeeze. But, I is not not giving up on getting these two together (At least trying not to give up, they can be exhausting, and don't even get Me started about We and Us.). I is determined that one day Me, Myself and I will get to sit down and have a nice, friendly conversation while listening to great music, watching Keegan play, eating great food and TiVo'ing some cheesy TV to watch at obscene hours of the night. Some of Me, Myself and I's favorite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment