Monday, January 17, 2011

A blog?!  What in the heck was I thinking?!
 Well, here’s what I think I was thinking:
- I have moved!  What?!
- To California! Get out of town!
- To be part of a church planting team and start a church! Don’t be ridiculous! (Balky Bartokomous reference. Perfect Strangers. Cousin Larry…anybody?)

Then I thought:
- I'm starting on one of the craziest journeys in all my 32 years of life and I should jot down my thoughts while on said crazy journey.
- I have moved 2,000 miles away from almost everyone I love and for some reason they want to hear my ramblings and this might be one way to keep in touch and let them know I have not become a hermit...yet.
- And even though I am not a writer, a creative or a celebrity (I mean it makes sense that they would have blogs); I have been told by a few people that "blogging" can actually be a good thing not just completely terrifying and baffling like I think it is. I mean, put my internal monologue on blast for people to read?! Shouldn't that stuff be written in a My Little Pony journal and hidden under my mattress or something like that? Yes? No? Well, time will tell. 


So here it is! My blog! And while by definition I think this is a blog I’m not quite comfortable with that. Because I have seen many a blog in my day and they are all quite awesome. They’re all very informative and creative and pretty and inspiring and thought provoking or they have great tips to offer to make your life better.  Well, my friend, my “blog” will be none of those things so let’s just get that out there right away. In fact I like to think of it more like my Online Trapper Keeper or OTK for short. Just one big, crazy, messy binder full of run-on sentences, half-finished assignments, crammed with loads of different subjects that I will doodle all over, bury at the bottom of my locker and then forget in the lunchroom.
BUT there is a good chance that this thing will be chock full of ridiculous ramblings, random thoughts that may or may not make sense, things I love, things that annoy me, grammar and spelling mistakes (lots and lots of them), things that make me laugh and of course the occasional paranoid delusion thrown in for good measure (Paranoid ramblings are kind of like my watermark. You know it’s an authentic “Dynell” if it contains some bit about balancing a glass on your doorknob to warn of intruders. Actually, I think that counts as a “great tip” for your life!)  Wow, I bet you’re really excited to read this thing now aren’t you??
Well, writing this first post was exhausting and if you’re still reading it then kudos to you my friend. I think we both deserve a break to go search for some Perfect Strangers clips on YouTube. See you in a few months OTK…just kidding…I hope.
Dynell

1 comment: